The accumulation of a large amount of organic and municipal solid waste is one of the most pressing ecological and economic problems of the modern world. Disposal of MSW in landfills results not only in removing valuable land from use but exposes surrounding areas to environmental hazards. However, due to the global trend of rising energy prices, MSW is considered to be a renewable source of energy. The average caloric value of the sorted waste is 2600-2900 kcal/kg which is comparable with the calorific value of peat.
Traditional direct combustion technologies are focused on improvements in energy efficiency but not on increasing environmental safety. Stricter environmental requirements for emissions into the atmosphere throughout the world have led to the need to find new methods of thermal processing of municipal solid waste. The main and distinctive feature of the equipment developed by our company compared to the analogues existing in the world is a new method of combustion. Technology features allow to recycle waste without additional energy sources with emissions significantly below permissible ones. The heat of exhaust flue gases from the furnaces can be used to produce hot water, steam and/or electric/thermal energy.
The company’s latest development is a pilot unit for the thermal treatment of municipal solid waste with the capacity of 350 kW/h and 200-250 kg/h output.
The furnace was designed for recycling of sorted MSW by means of incineration at a temperature of 900º – 1100º С.
The kindling of the furnace is fulfilled during 20-30 minutes with the usage of diesel fuel in quantity of up to 15 liters, and after that the process of burning goes on without fuel consumption. To control the furnace (air supply, position of gates, lifting center) no more than 7 kilowatt/hour of electric energy is used.
To charge raw materials in the furnace it is possible to use any construction required for particular stuff (conveyor, skip feed, etc.). The heat energy of combustion products can be used in a hot water or steam recovery boiler, drying plant.
- The experimental and industrial base has been created for the development, improvement and testing of new models of complexes for MSW thermal treatment.
- A pilot unit has been created with the capacity of 350 kW which allows to efficiently incinerate MSW without additional fuel consumption due to the integrated use of pyrolysis, gasification and direct combustion.
- A set of technical measures is developed to improve the thermal performance of the complex up to 10 MW or more.
- The integration system of the technological complex with power generating equipment to produce electric energy is under design.
- New opportunities
Our technology opens up new technical, economic and environmental opportunities, providing sustainable solutions for all stakeholders;
- Effective recycling of MSW
Recycling of municipal solid waste including waste of high humidity without pre-drying;
- Efficient source of alternative energy
Use of municipal solid waste as an energy source to generate own thermal and/or electric energy;
- Environmentally friendly technology
High oxygen content in the flue gases provides a significantly lower content of pollutants in the combustion products;
- Cost-effectiveness and simlicity
Low operating costs. The unit has low power consumption and easy maintenance;
- Autonomous combustion process
No need to use additional energy sources for MSW recycling;
- Easy to use
To charge raw materials in the furnace it is possible to use any construction required for particular stuff;
- Modular layout
There is a possibility of modular layout of the recycling complex of the necessary capacity and performance depending on the volume of production;
- Compliance with norms and standards
The installation meets the most stringent environmental regulations and technical standards of Europe, Russia and Ukraine;
- Waste incineration plants;
- Collection and integrated MSW processing plants;
- Small Energy.
- Reduction of waste disposal costs;
- Production of cheap heat/electric energy for own needs or for sale.
- Environmental protection:
- Reduction of pollutants discharge, reduction of waste;
- Reduction of environmental charges and fines.
- Public relations:
- Improved image of the company, creation of favorable public opinion;
- Reduction of public complaints to the state regulatory authorities.
- Patent “Device for solid fuel combustion”, 12.08.2004, 2276309, IPC F23G5/14, F23G5/00;
- Patent “Device for waste incineration”, 17.03.2008, 2387925, IPC F23G5/00;
- Patent “Device for waste recycling” (UA), 27.10.2005, a200510121, IPC F23G 5/00 F23G 5/027, F23G 5/08;
- Patent “Device for waste incineration” (UA), 02.03.2006, a200602263, IPC F23G 5/00 F23G 5/027;
- Patent “Method of solid fuel combustion” (UA), 04.02.2008, a200801404, IPC (2009) F23G 5/00 F23G 5/027 F23B 90/00;
- Patent “Device for waste incineration” (UA), 04.02.2008, a200801428, IPC F23G 5/00 F23G 5/027 (2006.01) F23B 60/00 B09B 3/00;
- An application for registration of the European patent is filed – “Device for incineration of waste” 02.07.2014, International application № PCT/UA2014/000069.
- An application for registration of the European patent is filed – “Device for incineration of waste” 02.07.2014, International application.