Both in our country and abroad, pressing questions of waste disposal and the need to find alternative sources of energy available arise every year. Each country is faced with the problem of the environmental impact of production processes, and as the result the question of production waste treatment emerges. Therefore, the following objectives were set before the staff of our company: on the one hand, to construct the progressive and highly efficient energy generating equipment and, on the other hand, environmental friendly technology for recycling of waste of poultry farms, cattle-breeding complexes, meat-processing factories, sanitary-veterinary plants and retail networks.
For 12 years our design department has been methodically working on the design of a furnace for burning organic waste. During these years several generations of furnaces were successfully designed and put into operation by the team of our design department. The last sample of the furnace has been successfully operating for 2 years. The present recycling complex shows excellent results during the process of waste thermal treatment.
The main and distinctive characteristic of the equipment designed by our company from the analogues existing in the world is the use of the new method of burning. The principle significance is that the combustion process runs without additional energy sources and with emissions significantly below permissible ones. Besides the heat of flue gases from the furnaces can be used to produce hot water, steam and/or electric/heat energy.
The company’s latest development is the furnace with variable output ranging from 200 kilowatt to 1MW.
The furnace PU-250/350 was designed for recycling of bones, fallen stock and other waste of poultry farms, meat processing factories, sanitary-veterinary plants and retail networks by means of incineration of waste at a temperature of 1000º – 1200º С.
Variable output of the furnace is ranging from 200 kW to 1 MW with waste recycling capacity – from 100 to 450 kg/h (depending on the humidity of raw material). The kindling of the furnace is fulfilled during 20-30 minutes with the usage of diesel fuel in quantity of up to 15 liters, and after that the process of burning goes on without fuel consumption. To control the furnace (air supply, position of gates, lifting center) no more than 7 kilowatt/hour of electric energy is used.
To charge raw materials in the furnace it is possible to use any construction required for particular stuff (conveyor, skip feed, etc.). It is preferable to use the furnace in the continuous cycle stopping it for the maintenance not more than 1 time per 3 months, but not less than 1 time per 12 months.
The heat energy of combustion products can be used in a hot water or steam recovery boiler, drying plant, or to generate electrical energy. The combustion process goes on without additional sources of heat (diesel fuel is used only in the short run of kindling of the furnace, but further the process of combustion takes place in the autogenous mode) with the generation of light volatile products that ensure the high combustion efficiency and environmental cleanness of flue gases which is confirmed by the test results of the rates of concentration of the main pollutants in the exhaust gases. These rates are specified in the comparison Table 1.
|Organic substances in terms of carbon||10||<10|
|NO, NO2 in terms of NO2||200||82|
* In the steady mode CO concentration tends to 0.
As a reference, the norms of Directive 2000/76/ЕС of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union «On the incineration of waste» are accepted. 1
The greater part of the technological cycle is carried out at the temperature >1000ºС and the oxygen content in the flue gases does not fall below 7,5%. The combustion products are kept at a temperature not less than 900 0C and the amount of oxygen not less than 7.5% for 2.5 seconds. Under such conditions the formation of dioxins is impossible.
Total phosphorus content in the ash (in terms of P2O5) is 38% of weight, therefore it can be used as a phosphate mineral fertilizer. Mineral and organic substances that contain phosphorus are the only source of replenishment of phosphorus in the soil.
Currently, the ash generated as a result of experiments is regularly purchased by agricultural farms as fertilizer. The main chemical composition of the ash is given in the Table 2 shown below.
|Element||Content of element, % weight|
|Calcium phosphate, Ca3 (PO4)2||80|
|Calcium carbonate, CaCO3||20|
|Metal||Lead, Pb||Cadmium, Cd(I)||Zink , Zn(I)||Nickel, Ni(II)||Copper, Cu(II)||Chromium, Cr(II)|
|Gross content in bone ash, mg/kg||<20||0||96,9||12,5||38,9||35,2|
|Gross content in the created superphosphate, mg/kg||7-92||50-170||50-143||7-32||4-79||66-243|
The process of combustion, charging and heat generation are automated and operated by the controller. Emissions are recorded in real time. High environmental performance of the implemented method of combustion allows to avoid the use of existing expensive treatment systems and facilities.
The experimental and industrial base has been created for the development, improvement and testing of new models of complexes for organic waste thermal treatment.
A fundamentally new pilot unit has been created with variable output of 200 – 1000 kW which allows to efficiently incinerate organic waste of meat-processing factories, poultry farms, sanitary-veterinary plants (including fallen stock) and retail networks without additional fuel consumption due to the integrated use of pyrolysis, gasification and direct combustion.
|Roductive capacity, kg/h, regulated||100-450|
|Thermal capacity, kW, regulated||200-1000|
|Rated thermal capacity of burners, kW, no more than||120|
|Time of continuous operation, h, no less||700|
|Flue gas temperature at the outlet, ºС, no more than||1250|
|Thermal efficiency, %, no less||95|
|Weight of metal, kg, no more than||10250|
|Weight of lining, kg, no more than||6800|
|Overall dimensions, mm, no more than||5480х3650х6750|
|Voltage of electric current, V||3-фазное ~380/220|
|Maximum power consumption during startup, кW||5|
|The frequency of electric current, Hz||50|
- The following documents have been received:
- Technical specifications TU (ТУ) for launching the furnace into mass production;
- EU Certificate – Certificate of conformity E 035/01;
- EU Declaration of conformity to standards EN 1090, EN ISO 14122 and Directive 89/106/EEC – EC Declaration of conformity;
- Test Report issued by the independent European Laboratory LLC «Latvian Environment, geology and metrology centre» on odor concentration in the flue gases.
- Work on the development of a technological complex of 2 MW thermal energy capacity is in progress.
- The integration system of the technological complex with power generating equipment to produce electric energy is under design.
- New opportunities
Our technology opens up new technical, economic and environmental opportunities, providing sustainable solutions for all stakeholders;
- Effective recycling of organic waste
Recycling of organic wastes of food industry and retail chains, including waste of high humidity without pre-drying;
- Efficient source of alternative energy
Use of organic waste as an energy source to generate own thermal and/or electric energy;
- Environmentally friendly technology
Record low emissions without the use of expensive treatment systems and facilities;
- Cost-effectiveness and simlicity
Low operating costs. The unit has low power consumption and easy maintenance;
- Autonomous combustion process
No need to use additional energy sources for organic waste recycling;
- Zero waste technology
Ash generated in the process of waste recycling can be used as a phosphate fertilizer;
- Easy to use
To charge raw materials in the furnace it is possible to use any construction required for particular stuff;
- Wide range of use
It is possible to recycle residues of food production, fallen stock, biological waste of laboratories, slaughtering waste, food expired;
- Modular layout
There is a possibility of modular layout of the recycling complex of the necessary capacity and performance depending on the volume of production;
- Compliance with norms and standards
The installation meets the most stringent environmental regulations and technical standards of Europe, Russia and Ukraine;
- Short payback period
Ranging from 12 to 20 months.
- Poultry factories, livestock farms (for fallen stock recycling);
- Hatcheries (disposal of production residues);
- Meat processing plants, slaughterhouses (for the disposal of slaughter waste);
- Sanitary-veterinary plants;
- Retail networks (food with expired shelf life, unfit for consumption);
- Veterinary clinics, laboratories (biological waste treatment and laboratory animals disposal);
- Local animal disease control facilities.
- Reduction of waste disposal costs;
- Reduction of transportation costs;
- Production of cheap heat/electrical energy for own needs;
- Growth of profits.
- Environmental protection:
- Reduction of pollutants discharge, reduction of waste;
- Reduction of environmental charges and fines.
- Public relations:
- Improved image of the company, creation of favorable public opinion;
- Reduction of public complaints to the state regulatory authorities.
- Patent “Device for solid fuel combustion”, 12.08.2004, 2276309, IPC F23G5/14, F23G5/00;
- Patent “Device for waste incineration”, 17.03.2008, 2387925, IPC F23G5/00;
- Patent “Device for waste recycling” (UA), 27.10.2005, a200510121, IPC F23G 5/00 F23G 5/027, F23G 5/08;
- Patent “Device for waste incineration” (UA), 02.03.2006, a200602263, IPC F23G 5/00 F23G 5/027;
- Patent “Method of solid fuel combustion” (UA), 04.02.2008, a200801404, IPC (2009) F23G 5/00 F23G 5/027 F23B 90/00;
- Patent “Device for waste incineration” (UA), 04.02.2008, a200801428, IPC F23G 5/00 F23G 5/027 (2006.01) F23B 60/00 B09B 3/00;
- An application for registration of the European patent is filed – “Device for incineration of waste” 02.07.2014, International application № PCT/UA2014/000069.